The Slovenian ITS Association, under the umbrella of the Electrotechnical Association of Slovenia is organising the 25th International Symposium on Electronics in Transport – ISEP which promotes a strategic objective of integrating and strengthening the European Research Area in Slovenia as well as in the other member States, and some nearby countries in South Eastern Europe.
We invite prospective authors for contributions in the theory and/or practice of intelligent transportation systems and services (ITS) technologies for travellers and freight in connection to vehicles on Roads (e.g. cars and buses), Air (e.g. aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles), Rails (e.g. trains, metros and trams) and Water (e.g. ships).
The theme of the 2017 Symposium is “Services for Mobility and Mobility as a Service”. In fact, some of the most challenging business models are starting to emerge exactly in this domain. And ITS (system and services) are going to be used as a tool for smart mobility. New digitalisation era, which we are facing today, offers completely new possibilities for the innovative solutions in the field of automatization of the transport. We can say that innovative and new services are the opportunity for better mobility especially in the South Eastern Europe where poorly transport infrastructure and demographic differences are serious obstacles to faster development.
On the other hand, it is of great importance to establish a research network in Slovenia and nearby countries in the area of ITS and to tie it to European and regional research. Each of you will come with your own aspirations to the Symposium will share them with new and old colleagues.
Unique to this event is the encouragement of participation by PhD students who are involved in current state-of-the-art transport research and practical issues concerning ITS and Smart Mobility & Services. The symposium will give PhD students the opportunity to present their PhD work to a knowledgeable audience. At the same time, it will offer the opportunity for the presentation of achievements of Slovene and foreign researchers.
Further, the symposium gives participants from ministries, universities, research organisations and industry the opportunity to establish personal contacts with the aim of stimulating an efficient transfer of research results to the market, according to the needs and expectations of the users of all modes of transport.
The aim of the symposium is also to encourage dialogue and cooperation among the participants who are involved in solving transport problems and looking for common ITS solutions.
ISEP Symposium is focusing on the following topics:
- ITS aspects for all transport modes (aviation, land transport, which includes rail, road and off-road transport, and ship transport),
- Policy, strategy and standards for ITS in Europe,
- Human aspect in ITS,
- ITS training and education,
- Smart use of energy for transportation,
- Active traffic management,
- Traffic simulation and modelling,
- Incident prevention and emergency management,
- V2x communication technologies and applications,
- Smart public transport operations and urban mobility,
- Road and congestion pricing and financial transactions,
- Solutions for travellers with special needs,
- Supporting ICT technologies (maps, data, and web),
- Business models for MaaS and other ITS,
- Cooperation among mobility actors (e.g. authorities, transport operators and suppliers).
Who should attend?
- Educators and Researchers,
- Representatives of Transport Organisations,
- State Officials and Local Community Officials,
- Communications Providers,
- ITS Manufacturers and Suppliers,
- Vehicle Manufacturers and Suppliers,
- Transport and Logistics Services Providers,
- Environmental Advocates,
- Representatives of Public Safety Organisations,
- System Integrators,
- Telematics Providers,
- Students of Technical and Humanistic Sciences.
Experts will speak through a Plenary Session and Technical Sessions. All modes of transport will be included. To contribute please forward an abstract of your paper in an electronic format to the Programme Committee using the application system via www.isep.si. All articles will be reviewed and accepted articles will be published in the Symposium’s Proceedings with ISBN.
You are welcome to send an abstract of your proposed paper to organisers of a session you are interested in by January 23, 2017.
The first step to send an abstract is the registration as the "first author"! After registration you will receive e-mail with
password to login into the ISEP Register Application. Username is your valid e-mail address. After that you can submit an abstract including title, target session and potential co-authors.
Please register under the Registration.